We had to de-nest oval glass jars located in thermoformed trays. Trays were stacked directly onto the pallet. Jars needed to be inserted and oriented into puck before to be directed into the filling machine at the rate of 60 jars per minute.
The equipment was taking care of restacking empty tray after jars removal. Stack of empty thermoformed trays are removed by operator without stopping the equipment.
We offered a robotic solution where there was no human intervention for these operations except for loading and unloading pallets using a forklift.
This principle has allowed our customer to:
- Free the operators so they can focus on value-added operations. In addition, we allow a better use of the number of resources needed to manage the production line.
- Reduce accidents due to the carriage of heavy loads.
- Ensure a maximum autonomy to avoid stoppages due to lack of products delivered to the filling machine.
- Automatically organize the empty trays. Sort and save space for waste disposal.
- Guarantee a 100% correct positioning of the jars in the pucks (angular orientation and facing position check)